External Pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JM

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am almost done aquiring all of the supplies i will need to set up my 120g. Originally i was going to use a Mag Drive pump in the sump, but i just bought an Oceanic 150 wet/dry from someone that i work with and there isnt enough room in the sump itself for both my skimmer pump and a magdrive, but it is drilled to accept an external pump. What is the best external pump for the money? I've been looking the Pentair Lifeguard QuietOne 5000, but i don't know much about externals i have always used mag drives. I want to push about 1200gph.

Sounds like you might need a bigger sump :) You can indeed use a Mag externally. I would probably suggest a Little Giant or maybe a Genx pump. I use Genx pumps but they might be too loud for an under the tank pump. Panworld pumps are nice too.

Well i have decided to go back to my original plan of building my own filter. I couldnt fit my skimmer in the Oceanic filter, which i found out when i tried to fit it in, so i am going to use a 40g breeder to build my own and model it after the new All Glass Megaflow Wet/Dry filters. So i'll be getting a Mag 12 like i originally planned. Thanx for the advice anyway.

Back
Top Bottom