filter use still ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popothemailman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had a mightymax wet dry filter on the QT tank for about 3 months. During that time the QT has hand numerous treatments of clout, and 1 treatment(the last one) of cupramine. I had carbon running for a while until the copper was all out. I would just like to know if the filter can still be used for another tank(non QT, will have LS, and maybe some LR, will have a lion, puffer, maybe a trigger, and a snowflake eal). It is currently being cleaned and soaked with hot hot hot watter!!! and will get all new pads of course.

Yes you should still be able to use the canister filter. Making sure you do regular cleaning and matinence on it. With those kinds of species i would recommend cleaning the filters and everything often, so you dont get alot of decay and build up inside of it.

and completely new media inside. don't reuse anything. i'd also soak the filter with triple dose of Prime since it can de-tox heavy metals...it may help with any copper traces.

Back
Top Bottom