finally got my 55 gal up!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm doing good man still haven't put some nice live rock in there but I'm going to it now have a snail and a hermit crab in there, I'm getting some cheato from my lfs maybe 2mm, how often do you put water in the sump?

Hondachico said:
I'm doing good man still haven't put some nice live rock in there but I'm going to it now have a snail and a hermit crab in there, I'm getting some cheato from my lfs maybe 2mm, how often do you put water in the sump?

I top off everyday maybe two cups not too much Evap

Yea that sounds about right for me I just do a bigger quantity every week

Lol i still don't have a top, I'm getting my skimmer today so I should see how I can customize a top

Yea both of my tanks don't have a top but I'm getting one fit the DT

Hey guys, just so you know ahead of time.
Tops will require regular cleanings for light penetration, will trap heat from your lights, and reduce the gas exchange of your tank.
I have tops for mine and don't use them, I would rather have more evaporation, than the alternative.
If you need tops because of "jumpers", one of the screen tops would be better for you.
Just some friendly advice!

I want a top because of the amount of water that gets on my light when the water bubbles.

Flreefer said:
Hey guys, just so you know ahead of time.
Tops will require regular cleanings for light penetration, will trap heat from your lights, and reduce the gas exchange of your tank.
I have tops for mine and don't use them, I would rather have more evaporation, than the alternative.
If you need tops because of "jumpers", one of the screen tops would be better for you.
Just some friendly advice!

I made a screen top need to redo it as I put the overflow in now and retune line illdo it this weekend

I'm getting bubbles because I have my return 1/4-1/2 inch above water just in case power outage the return pump won't make a siphon out of the return heads

Hondachico said:
I'm getting bubbles because I have my return 1/4-1/2 inch above water just in case power outage the return pump won't make a siphon out of the return heads

If you drill a small hole, facing down or to the side, just below water line, it will break siphon and the returns can be beneath the water line.

Reefpete said:
I get some bubble too that hit my light but I guess if I put screen top on it should help it out.....

A screen prob won't stop enough of the splash to make much of a difference.

Back
Top Bottom