Finally my temp. went down!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilraen

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yesterday my temp. went up to 89, somebody here (I think it was pearsont74---thanks man!) told me to use fans, so I went to wal-mart and got a $12 standing fan (clip-ons were too big) and this a.m. my temp is 81 :D :D :D Love this forum!!

Gilraen,
Now you should just make sure to keep your eye on evaporation... Based on what I've seen, you can expect to see up to a gallon a day, depending on the size of your tank.

But it's awesome that you were so quickly and efficiently (cheaply) fix what looked like could be a bad problem.

And you're right, this forum is awesome.

You are right, I've been adding from 1/2 to 1 gal of H2O every day. I have a 55 gal. :D

Good job gilraen! Just make sure that you try to stabalize the temp... you don't want a 4 degree swing everyday. I keep fans AND a heater, so temp always stays at 80.

Gilraen, congrats! If I were you, I would keep a few trays of frozen RO/DI water in the freezer for extreme heat emergencies. Those fans will absolutely keep your temp down, but just in case, it might be a good idea to have a backup plan.

Back
Top Bottom