fire worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MERCTECH

Aquarium Advice Regular
i am week into my cycle and i had gotten some live rock off the coast. this morning i found like a worm on the bottom away from the rock. looks like a leg of a brittle star. i later found out it my be a fire worm. i went to the tank and now i cant find it. i thought it may have got under the sand but no luck. i had stired up the bottom searching for it and now think maybe i shouldn't have done it. may i have screwed the cycle up now??

I had one of those hiding in my live rock before. Be careful, it is poisonous. If you are going to destroy it, take it out of the tank first. If you cut it in two, your gonna have two worms.

They look the same but dif colors. They are both scavengers but fire worms are more aggressive and they will eat small fishes if they have a chance. This is just like the brown brittle stars and green brittle stars case.

Carribbean fireworm...Also called the beared fireworm

Attachments

• copy__3__of_uploadable_pics_007_585x438_544.jpg
    copy__3__of_uploadable_pics_007_585x438_544.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 35
  • copy__5__of_uploadable_pics_001_585x438_160.jpg
    copy__5__of_uploadable_pics_001_585x438_160.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 39
Most bristle worms are acutally benefical to have in a tank. Some, like the ones shown above are not.

Back
Top Bottom