Worm during cycling process

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

james3434

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys

I'm setting up a simple shrimp tank with live plants.

The cycling process is almost done as I can see traces of Nitrates. But today I spotted a worm. I did some online research before a while and even n this same forums I can see members advising to leave them alone.

I went to my local fish store and they actually had some meds to get rid of them. Do I really need to use them? or later on do you think my fire red shrimps can take care of these worms?

Thanks
J

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 30
The worm probably came in with a plant and looks large enough that it's not parasitic and would probably be an asset to your substrate but if it bothers you that much, just remove it with a net or your hands. If there are more, they should show as the nitrates get higher.

The worm probably came in with a plant and looks large enough that it's not parasitic and would probably be an asset to your substrate but if it bothers you that much, just remove it with a net or your hands. If there are more, they should show as the nitrates get higher.

You're right. I think it came with the plant. I'm not seeing more than 1 so i'll just let him be.

Thanks so much :thanks:

It could be a leech. Does it had a suction cup shaped mouth?
How does it move around?

It moves very slowly but most of the time its not moving at all. But its missing now. will take a close up pic next time

Back
Top Bottom