First starfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leafyseadragon

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like to add a starfish to my 37 gal FOWLR tank. It already has a false percula clown, 6 hermits and a peppermint shrimp.

The blue linkia star looks very cool, but I hear it's very hard to keep. I am interested in something with the typical starfish "shape," so I don't want a brittle star.

Anyone have any hardy suggestions?

The blue linkia star looks very cool, but I hear it's very hard to keep. I am interested in something with the typical starfish "shape," so I don't want a brittle star.

They also will not survive for more than a year in that small of a tank, they will slowly starve to death.

I would look into fromias and many other species for a FOWLR, the options are pretty much open. If you ever want to go reef...stick with the fromias.

I currently have 2 false tank raised perc's and will prob be getting a few snail and maybe a cleaner shrimp once the algae starts (which it will inevitably I feel). Right now there is no algae at all and the 'trates are at 0 so I will see if we get enough growth to sustain them.

They are known to eat corals, clams and snails. Its up to you. Have a blast with your Percs, I just love mine!!

Back
Top Bottom