Fish personalities?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plkdb

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just curious who has fish that seem to interact with them, or have personalities, hand tame, etc. What kind?

I have seen porc puffers and triggers get hella excited and can even be hand fed. But be careful because they have sharp teeth and are aggressive and grow really large up to 1 foot and a half. I have also seen some really bold tangs take a piece of lettuce or flake from the hand.

my porky died due to a very severe ick outbreak.. quarantining and treatment did not help him.. he ate off of my hand.. one time i was straightening an inlet and he bit my finger.. lucky it was the nail part.. my cowfishes have really funny personalities.. they follow my finger, but when the finger is like face to face with them they do a little shake.. they, too, eat off of my hands.. so does my two clown fishes..

Many many years back, in a FO tank, I had a Panther Grouper - Snoopy (how original, I know). That was the coolest fish ever. If I walked by the tank, it would come to the surface and "spit" a stream of water at me. It loved to be fed by hand - and this is the strangest thing - if I put my hand in the tank, palm up, it would swim over and lay down in my hand.

Okay, I probably should have kept my hands out of the tank, but it was a very cool fish!

My dad had a goldfish that would smack its lip on the side of the aquarium making a clicking sound if it wanted fed. Didnt matter if you were paying attention to the aquarium or not.

I had a green spotted puffer that would follow my finger as a moved it along the outside of the tank. Up, down and sideways...he was pretty funny. And whenever I put my face up to the glass to get a closer look at something I always find my 2 clowns staring right back at me..

Jump in the "way back machine" about 10 years and I had a Naso Tang that would eat from my then girlfriend's hand and a Flame Hawk that would come up and sit in her hand. That Naso had the best personality of any fish I ever kept. If the other Tangs in the tank started arguing or fighting, she'd get between them and break it up.

I have an Orib Batfish (named Dorito by my girlfriend because he is shaped like one) that gets excited like a puppy and flies back and forth across the tank when I come home. He loves to be hand fed and cuddles around my arm like a cat if I stick it in. If any one else tries to put their hand in the tank, look out he will attack... I have kept batfish for years and they have super personality.... And their face is soooooo cute.....

My Blue Tang acts just like NORI (Edited**(DORY)**Edited) in Finding Nemo... I sware they are related...

as I walk by the tank, she darts in and out of the LR and does a little dance for me before feeding time...If you saw the movie, she acts the same way as if she can't remember the last thing she did...Wierd but cute...

My bad, had NORI on my mind at the time

Thanks for the subtle correction!

Back
Top Bottom