Fish Suggestions Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndrewD

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon tank that just cycled, I have 1 Blue Damsel (the other two were murdered by this Alpha-Damsel), Fish Only tank and I am looking for it to be a peaceful environment. I just purchased a clean-up crew as well consisting of 6 snails and 6 crabs. I would love to get as many colorful fish in this tank (obviously without overcrowding). Any help would be great, thanks.

Get rid of the damsel first. Then maybe a pair of clowns, a yellow tang, a coral beauty angel, a few green chromis, and a few pajama cardinals. this will get you some color in some of the smaller, more docile species. Check out www.drsfostersmith.com to find out the eating habits , aggressiveness, max adult sizes. And you are going to need a lot more of a clean up crew. Maybe some urchins and serpent stars. The urchins eat a lot of algae and the serpent stars eat anything the fish and crabs don't eat.

I would have to agree with that list except the yellow tang unless you plan on upgrading in the future... 55 is just a hair smaller than they like... 75 is considerably better... also I would like to add to that list Firefish, gobies, and blennies as good choices. I would highly recommend getting liverock.

...firmly support these recommendations. Second getting rid of the blue devil. ...getting rid of 1 of my yellow damsels tomorrow possibly.

please note that the clowns will be much much healthier in an anemonie.

You could go with one of the dwarf angels (if you are not planning to add coral). They have some great color. Royal gramma is one of my favorites. Clowns are always cool.

Back
Top Bottom