Fish tank kings!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReeferChick420

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
In the show Fish Tank Kings season 3episode 6 when they are donating the tank to the galaxy elementary school they go to a glass blowing place to get shells for the hermit crabs... How realistic is this? can it stay in the tank long term?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I can only ask, is your tank made of glass and how long would you expect it to last ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Crabs aren't picky. I've seen them use some very weird stuff for shells. Ceramic and glass are neutral in SW, so it's good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's realistic you can YouTube it they have videos on it. Not sure how it would be In saltwater tank. I would think they would dirty up eventually and you would be able to tell there glass.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a friend that likes old glass bottles in the reef. They color up in a few months and look like they've been there a hundred years.

They are kinda creepy once you get inside the shell. We have two land hermits that we did a science fair project with (almost 3 years ago) for my youngest son. The glass shell is kind of cool IMO (but creepy too). :)

I watched that episode of Fish Tank King and liked the idea of the glass shells for the hermits but in the tank they would get algae on them after a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom