Flow in Your SPS/Mixed Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarinaClown

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am trying out different flow patterns in my 60 gallon SPS dominated tank with 5 Montiporas, 3 Stylophoras, 1 Pocillopora, 2 Seriatoporas and 5 Acroporas all placed middle/high level. Some various LPS and Softies on the bottom.
For powerheads I have Sicce Voyager 3 (1200 gph) on one side and JBJ Oceanstream (1600 gph) on the other controlled with a Sicce Wave Surfer Controller to create intermittent flow. In addition, Sicce Voyager 2 (800 gph) runs full time.
So far so good.

What's the flow like in your SPS dominant/mixed reef?

Well I have a 20 mixed but more heavy on sps. 3 bn, 3 acros, and about 7 montis of various sorts along with lps and zoas.
I have an mp10 set at about 40% on reef crest and a koralia 425 on the opposite side

Well I have a 20 mixed but more heavy on sps. 3 bn, 3 acros, and about 7 montis of various sorts along with lps and zoas.
I have an mp10 set at about 40% on reef crest and a koralia 425 on the opposite side
Nice! Got pics? Always good to see what works for others. I would post mines but apparently I exceeded my limit :(

Yeah I have to and I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't lol. Ill get some up tomorrow though once I get on my comp.

Here ya go man!
EyoEemu.jpg
rxf1t9C.jpg
1fBiUrQ.jpg
Tftahma.jpg
IvDt3s8.jpg
FTS
qxsBXfH.jpg

Yeah that's my favorite coral haha. It is branching like an acro but then encrusting and forming little fingers on the base.

I have only had sps again since Christmas but I have 2 mp40 on my 90g. I run them at about 80% on short pulse mode and they like it. They haven't grown much but they have encrusted like mad and are starting to get their color back. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393553343.657474.jpg

Fire and Ice milliporaImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393553375.241727.jpg

Ponape birdsnest, strawberry shortcake and validia.

I also had a frag of forest fire digi that has been dying despite all my effort, still has a couple spots that look like it may have polyps hence it still being on the rack.

I have only had sps again since Christmas but I have 2 mp40 on my 90g. I run them at about 80% on short pulse mode and they like it. They haven't grown much but they have encrusted like mad and are starting to get their color back. View attachment 225113

Fire and Ice milliporaView attachment 225114

Ponape birdsnest, strawberry shortcake and validia.

I also had a frag of forest fire digi that has been dying despite all my effort, still has a couple spots that look like it may have polyps hence it still being on the rack.

Nice collection

Thanks, it was nicer with the ff digi but hey what can ya do. The birdsnest has always looked great but the ssc and val browned out some when I tried turning my lights down to acclimate (attempt to save digi) it responded well for a couple weeks then closed up. I had minor nutrient issues aswell which have cleared up now.

Nice, I have forest fire and I swear I cannot kill it. It fell behind my rocks for a while and lost all color but when I brought it back out it got all it's color back after a couple weeks

I wish, forest fires look so nice. I had a rainbow monti before my tank crashed last year and that was really sharp.

I wish, forest fires look so nice. I had a rainbow monti before my tank crashed last year and that was really sharp.

Yeah it's a sweet monti. I have rainbow too and it's finally coloring up again as it had fallen into oblivion in my tank for a while as well. Haha I need to keep better track of these corals

I took out the JBJ ocean stream 1600. My neon green Stylo wasn't happy nor were my fish. They just hid in the caves from all the flow. So down to 2 Sicces. Stylo is happy and fish are swimming again. I might pick up a smaller Tunze tomorrow and run it on the wave maker.
I picked up three SPS corals yesterday and would like to post some pics but I maxed out. Don't know how to either delete old photos or find another way for uploading. Any help?

I post mine to imgfur.com an then upload them. You can make a photobucket account as well and upload from there? What pieces did you get?

I post mine to imgfur.com an then upload them. You can make a photobucket account as well and upload from there? What pieces did you get?
Thanks. I got a Red Planet Acro, nice Milli (don't know the exact name) and a good sized Digitada (orange/red).

Back
Top Bottom