Shooters Final Pics 72 bowfront!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShooterRick

Aquarium Advice Freak
Been working hard after work this week and prepping for the transfere of the last rock, fish and snails from my 29 fowlr. This 72 bowfront will be mixed reef tank. Saturday morning all water parameters were 0.00 across the board and ph was 8.4. I choose to drip acclimate all the fowlr inhabitants even though they were all hardy species mostly to get accustomed to the procedure. My lighting system is on a 10 hr photo period ranging from blue to high noon and stepping down to blue again at night before shutting down. The fuge is on a 9 hr photo period with a curly Q daylight bulb and reflector and if that isn't working I have a scavenged 24 inch duel T5 I can replace it with. The skimmer is working properly and tank temps are maintained an average 78.2 F with a swing of no more than 1 degree each way. My small fuge is stocked with Chaeto and Ulva (sea lettuce). The transfere actually took place Saturday and I am testing 2 times a day this week till I am confident all is stable. I have a broad spectrum chemical pad for the filter if emergency steps need taken for amonia and nitrites/nitrates while I do water changes if things go south.

On the down side the origianl school of 5 blue green chromis is down to what appears to be a bully whom I now call McCloud. There can only be one is seems with this guy! Before I realized what was going on and was looking at the tank as the problem he killed 4 smaller chromis. I thought these fellows liked to school but not this one.

I used the plastic strip off the back of a old glass tank lid to make snap on teeth for the baffle between my fuge and return section of the sump. The return pump is a Quite One 2200 and works for this tank well. At 4 ft of head it is pumping about 400 gph. Combined with 2 850 K3s and a Tunze 1200 current pump I have good flow in front and behind the rock work. In the pics two front rock arches are epoxied for stability but the rest is dry stacked. I have a 1.5 inch sand bed of Carribean white sand and a 1.5 inch taupe colored reef sand under that swirled at the glass front like a chocolate swirl ice cream cone. LOL

Total rock is about 90 lbs with about 5 of that in frags in the fuge. I have kept the fowlr running on the substrate and with a biowheel filter temporarily while I move the remaining snails to augment the CUC. There is one blue legged hemit. Fish in the new tank now are Blue Green reef chromis, yellow tail damsel, maroon clown, psuedochromis, Jewel damsel. The lighting is 180 watts of LED 2 watts each in blue,red,65k and 10k daylight and 4 uv emitters for softies if I choose to go there. All lights are on there own channel and controllable.

All comments welcome:72bowfront2_296_01.JPG

72bowfront2_301_01.JPG

72bowfront2_305_01.JPG

72bowfront2_308_01.JPG

Back
Top Bottom