Fluval 405

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monroe10

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a fluval 405 and its not working, it makes a wrattling noise like it is not getting any water, any ideas on how to make it work? I have never had one before.

There is a knob on top that your supposed to pump to prime the water in before turning it on.

And now all I have is about 60lbs of lr and a seaclone 150 protein skimmer, do I need to be running the fluval? Any benefits?

Hi i take it this is on a marine tank? If so I have been advised that you can put in chemical absorbing media in the fluval 405?

Yes it is marine, and no idea hahaha my buddy gave it to me bc he wasn't using it and didn't work rigt so I fixed it lol

Hi I am new to this side of the hobby{Just about to set up my first marine tank}so cannot help with suggestions at the moment.:oops:

Take out the sponges unless you plan on cleaning it out every week. You can put any filtration media in its place to where you don't have to clean it as often. It also helps w circulation but I would definitely put it to use. You can never have to much filtration.

ya I know that lol, I dont know if Im going to set it up yet, idk if I am feeling ambitious to do it ol and plus im trying to keep my energy bill down as low as possible lol

Back
Top Bottom