Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-02-2005, 02:24 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
formula 1 contains phosphates?

hi, im sorry if thats a no brainer, but i just dont know about what breaks down into what. etc.

My clown was picky at first, but hes eating formula 1 now, frozen.

i think my phosphates are kind of high. at first i thought it was when i first began my water changes and topping off with tap water, been using R/O water, but only 2- 10% water changes so far. do you think my food could be keeping it up? 85% of the food gets eaten, but a few tiny pieces gets sucked into the filter.

also, does will my water get more clearer when phosphates are 0? i see some tanks and there crystal clear, but i noticed when i got more light, the tank doesnt seem as clear now.

thanks in advance!

Jay D

55 gallon Reef now woohoo, slowly but surely
Hurricane 150 wet/dry,AquaC Urchin skimmer, 50 lbs LR, 10 lbs in sump, Odyssea 260 Watts CF

1 Blue tail Damsel(sad that he's goin back too )
1 TR Percula Clown
1 Cleaner shrimp
2 Peppermint shrimps
2 Emerald crabs(3rd went back to LFS)
10 blue legged hermits
15 astrea snails
bawla47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 09:29 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
All fish food contains some degree of phosphates. Phosphates should not affect the clarity of the water.

ZoozFishMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 09:34 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
How are you preparing the food prior to feeding the tank? Are you using RO or RO/DI water?
Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com