found this in my 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
on the heater, i have what appear to be sponges?
what are the curleycues on the glass? only snails in the tank
are astrea.

Cornet Worms on the glass. These are (spirorbis sp.). A kind of serpulid worm

The second picture I have to pass on... do not know

BTW

My tanks back and sides are covered in the first picture specie...

wow hara i kinda stumped that ya didnt know that due to the fact i asked the same thing just a month ago heheh think ya replyed as well as far as the cirlce thangs go heheheh

if i replied, it was a generic, looks like snail eggs reply....seeing as I am not sure what this is, I wouldnt have said I knew what they were....just as I think the white things are sponges, does not mean i know what kind of sponges.

I am interested in EXACTLY what these are, not generically speaking.

Thanks for the ID on the first one Tim.

the tube worms should disappear if not then to much food ect from what i was told as for the other pic have no clue

I have these 'white cotten balls' with filaments, also, they move around the tank and i have one on my glass now. will be very interested to hear what they are. dave

from the picture they almost look like they have a crystaline structure. Are the filiments stiff or do they flow in the current?

white cotten ball filaments

mine appear to sway, although they are usually stretched out and reaching for other nearby surfaces, rock and glass.. the balls look soft.

Syconoid Sponges

Hi there Hara, 'Lisa" i think,,, in case you weren't in the chat room when we finally found these sponges, the white cotton balls with the filiments are Syconoid Sponges. The site said they are a good sign of a balanced tank and they are harmless, beneficial filter feeders but can get to plague porportions if the tank gets out of balance..

Back
Top Bottom