Fragging Corallimorphs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitchell0605

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi guys. Soon enough my morphs are gonna be big enough for me to frag (very soon if they keep growing at the rate they have been) and I've been wondering about how I'm gonna do it. I have a method that my LFS shop uses to great sucess as my top choice right now but I'd like to hear other peoples methods and ways before. So... enlighten me! :silly:

What they do there is just take a pair of sharp, clean scissors and cut off a length of the edge of a large morph then cut that piece into smaller, roughly square pieces. Drop em on the sand and in a few weeks there's a brand new round morph. :D Place it on a rock and there you go. :D

They grow so fast and multiply so fast I`ve never had any reason to frag them. I`ve sold hundreds to my LFS and have about 50-60 in the tank now. Give it some time and you`have too many anyway.

What they do there is just take a pair of sharp, clean scissors and cut off a length of the edge of a large morph then cut that piece into smaller, roughly square pieces. Drop em on the sand and in a few weeks there's a brand new round morph. :D Place it on a rock and there you go. :D
Mikes correct and the way your lfs does it is okay. You can also just cut and superglue it to a plug. This can sometimes be difficult as the 'roo slimes pretty bad. I would just cut and put them in a tupperware with reef rubble and wait until they attach.

One note that I forgot...I would cover the top of the topperware with a 1/4" netting and place in a low flow area of your tank. So the container needs to be on the small size.

Back
Top Bottom