Frogspawn frag epoxy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sarcothelia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay, so I purchased a 1" frogspawn yesterday and epoxied it to a piece of live rock. I was wondering if it is okay that I enveloped the base and sides of the base with epoxy as that was the only way it would stick.

Would this prevent the frogspawn from growing? only the "stem" and polyps are visible as the base and sides of the base are covered by the epoxy. Just wondering if I messed up, I could easily snap it off and reattach it with some better epoxy.

I bought it off of F&S for like 8 bucks. It is epoxy putty and I believe it was two little fishies. Anyways, it has a really hard time sticking to flat surfaces and need to envelop it or be smushed into a crevice to have any hold.

It's an aquastik actually. I gave it so long to cure when put on flat that I felt the coral was going to die so I put the frag in water and an hour later enveloped the base with it to get it to stick.

ah ive been looking for some to glue down this rock that has a large xenia colony on it that keeps falling over thanks

I tried initially to glue rocks together with the stuff...It was hopeless. I mean, you'd have to use the entire stick to glue two one pound rocks together. I guess it's sort of like tape. Comes off easy when placed flat on a surface but if you wrap it around something it holds up.

Back
Top Bottom