Gbta help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catfaceskates

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys I bought a gbta online 3 days ago and it got here late because of a missed flight so when it got to me it didn't look too hot. But right now it's kinda under a rock and not really open of bubbled up. I tried to feed it half a silverside yesterday and it didn't want it and it didn't even really react to it. But my question is, because of where it is it isn't getting much light and I'm worried if its not getting much light or eating it will die. Any help? Thanks guys

You could try to move it put in the open but it may just go back on it's own. Typically they go where they need to be to be happy. I would give it another day or so and see where you are at.

I think it might be stressed from shipping so for now ill just let it be

It's not uncommon for bubble tip meme to refuse to bubble up. Some will and some won't.

It is still in the process of adjusting to the new tank. It gets its food from light also. Others do not feed it at all. A little patient and it will find a good spot in your tank. Once it settles to a location that is good enough, avoid any changes on flow, temperature or lighting.

It is still in the process of adjusting to the new tank. It also gets its food from light. A little patient and it will find a good spot in your tank. Once it settles to a location that is good enough, avoid any changes on flow, temperature or lighting.

Alright thank you I do think its healthy because its foot was fine and its mouth is tighty shut and it has pretty good color so I'm hoping for the best

I have a 6 bulb t5 fixture (I have happy sps so I'm pretty confident it's enough)

Update on the nem I just got a small clown I'm hopes it will host but so far it's not gone near it which isn't what in worried about right now. What I'm worried about is that the nem is pretty shriveled and the foots is kinda peeling off the rock, so maybe it's moving???

Here is a pic you can't really see the foot but you can see its not very open or in the light

Attachments

• image-1128855918.jpg
    image-1128855918.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 103
The worst thing you can do with a new nem is to put a clown in with it. Is the nem is not stable and or happy and has not gotten established in one place, the clown will just irritate it and keep it moving

Tank bred clowns may not host and also anemones often won't host. It took me ages but I managed to pair a tomato clown and an anemone for my reef

Well bad news the nem is looking pretty bad:( I don't think it's going to live.

Well maybe I'm wrong it's reattached to the rock and I think it's starting to move around

It will take sometime before nem dies. It will show sign of bleaching first as a warning and if left for long then it will deteriorate. They shrink once in a while if you have sudden change of parameter.

Got a pic of it now? If its on the move its not happy. But then it was in a bad place before! How is your parameters? I have found that nems don't like swings in temp and salinity and of course they like the pristine water, fussy things. Just keep an eye on it and make sure it's doesn't go near those powerheads! I would do a water change too, couldn't hurt...

Well it did move about an inch to the left but its still not In a very good spot I just fed it a small peace of a silverside but I think it may be a bit big for it cuz it has just been holding onto it for like 15 mins. My params are good salinity is at a constant 1.025, temp is 78 at night and gets up to 80 during the day nitrates are steady around 1 or 2 (I dose carbon) and everything else in great

Good news. Big pieces of food can be harmful, can you get it back? (Easier said than done) try smaller pieces no bigger than the mouth, nems can really struggle to digest large pieces of food. Don't feed to often either, it gets all it needs from the light. I have two nems and never feed them, when I got them I did and when I stopped I saw no difference in size, colour and growth.

Back
Top Bottom