Give me some suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melosu58

SW REEF 20+ YEARS
A week ago I had my old friend in my sailfin Tang die. He has been with me for almost eight years. He was pretty big when I got him so I`m sure he was pretty old. I`m looking to get another fish maybe another tang or maybe not. They are my favorite fish but I need ya`ll to give me some ideas. All my info is on my signature. I guess I`m looking for new ideas. Thanks guys

If you are looking for another tang I love my Purple, but may not get olong with YT. I also had a PBT that did real well.

Of course you can always leave well enough alone. With those damsels and clowns I am guessing adding any new fish could be problematic.

BTW, sorry about you loss. I recall losing my PBT after 18 months cannot image having a fish 8 years.

Hey Mike, sorry to hear about the sailfin, sounds like you have a good run though. Purple tangs are great, but you may run into probelms with the yellow. I am a fan of powder blues as well, if yo ucan find a nice one. regal is another common option. can't wait to hear what you get.

I got my wife to wheelchair me on down there and believe it or not I didnt even get a fish. I traded in two rocks with mushrooms on them for 100.00 credit and ended up getting a purple brain and some more zoo`s. I might even still get another fish also so if you have any special ideas still let me know. I`ll post some pics of my purple brain tomorrow. The fish they had esp. the tangs were smaller than what I already had and I was afraid of some terrorizing. I`ll check back tomorrow.

I had a sailfin tang years ago and the personality of those guys is AWESOME. My sailfin used to eat out of my hand, and even let me pet him! I miss mine too, I'm sorry for your loss.

I have a purple tang in my tank with a regal blue tang. As far as personality goes, my purple is just as neat as my sailfin was. I have a hard time taking pictures of my tank because my rather large purple will swim up to the glass and block out my shots! He will follow me arround the tank looking at ME more than I look at him. Great fish, and if you get one smaller than your yellow and kole, there should not be any problems in a tank your size. I would be careful with the powder blue, I have heard horror stories about their aggression, but they sure are pretty fish. You could try a regal/hippo/pacific blue tang as well, they are very mellow tangs and would get along with what you have. Goofy tangs, if you ask me. I have had mine for 5 years now, and they grow very slow and just act.... well, strange. It will grab bubbles of air from the surface of the tank, swim to the bottom and let them go, and then 'chase' them back to the top. Odd fish.

Thanks abnmojo for the advice. Yes they are weird fish but I still love them.

Back
Top Bottom