Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-08-2004, 01:30 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Well if I decide to keep it...everything should be all downhill from here right?
Exactly LOL

Old 12-08-2004, 11:59 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You're probably right.... .... but I'm stuck with mine so I'm gonna try and make it live... .... I've got mine in a high light/low flow area... I don't have the "brown jelly" but I think a few polyps have died...... speaking of which.... to all of you out there....

Could this be adding to my nitrate problem???????

Old 12-08-2004, 04:11 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you have the option, bring it back. Get something that will last longer. IF not, enjoy it while you can.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:23 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah that's what I was thinking.... I don't think I can return it... I've just noticed a few times that when it totally shrinks down that there seem to be empty spots on the "core" ... this could just be fully retracted polyps I'm not sure.... I'll keep an eye on it... it seems to be doing really well otherwise...
Old 12-08-2004, 05:12 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

We had ours a total of two weeks. We have metal hallides and great water quality. The first few days it opened like at the store, then it stopped extending all the way. I thought it might be light so moved it lower in the tank. It started to lose its polyps after 7 days and was a total slime ball after 10 so we moved it to a qt tank hoping to save it without an ammonia spike. Needless to say it turned into a brown and white mass of sludge and I finally threw it away at day 14. We had the right lighting, a mature system with many corals and inverts and did a longer than usual acclimation and it made no difference. They are simply not for the aquarium. Good luck with yours but keep an eye open for ammonia problems.

http://www.aquarank.com/in.php?id=fishfree
electrikat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goniopora

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com