Got a new sixline wrasse!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soccerdude

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got this new fish today at my lfs. He looks great and I gotta him at a good price. Just wondering what people thought about this fish? I almost got a yellow tang as they were on sale but stopped myself because I think most would agree 46g is a little to small a tank.

Soccerdude said:
Got this new fish today at my lfs. He looks great and I gotta him at a good price. Just wondering what people thought about this fish? I almost got a yellow tang as they were on sale but stopped myself because I think most would agree 46g is a little to small a tank.

Good thinking on the yellow tang! :) The six line are nice. Got a pic? As they say... If I don't see it, it didn't happen. ;)

I honestly think more marine fish are prone to jumping as opposed to freshwater.

You will probably want a lid on the tank since most, if not all, wrasse are jumpers.

Great looking wrasse, though. Wish I could get one for my 24g to perhaps help with my flatworms, but they're very active and I heard they can nip at tubeworms.

Mine is not aggressive at all. I don't have a lid. Constant swimmer so you will almost never get s good pic. Always weaving through the rock work.i feed him mysis shrimp and he snags the occasional ghost shrimp I put in for my lion.

instinktually wrasse fish swim upwards to avoid pray. Because of this if they are startled they swim up very fast and jump out of the tank. I have a lid and my kids would come running into the living room and the fish would jump and bang into the lid. One morning I found him on the floor cause he jumped through the little hole on the lid I cut for my skimmer. He found the one way out...lol

Mine was my first addition to my tank and he has been wonderful. The other day he ate a hermit, as long as he doesn't eat my cleaner I will be happy.

image-1063450099.jpg

I tried to get a better picture but they are quick. I guess the hermit left his shell at the wrong time.

Back
Top Bottom