got the halide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pokmijn

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok so i went ahead and bought the dual 250 mh(would have got the dual 175 but too late...and ill be upgrading soon anyways) but in gonna be only running one over my tank since its only a 55 but people be telling me that it would be way too much for my tank and im getting cold feet on putting it over my 55 i could put it as high as i can since i dont have a canopy.

As for coral i would like to ditch everything i ha except for my zoas and of course my gsp since i love them and then going all sps and clams(are clams safe with a coral buety)

what do you guys think i should do?

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Coral Beaty Agelfish Dwarf Angels

As you can see from the link they are not a good reef dweller. I say they can nip at corals because I believe others have said they have had some with good sucess. Mine made it 4 yrs before he went crazy and almost wrecked my tank.

yeah i have one but it doesn't mess with my corals i was just wondering if the like clams cause i was planning on getting a clam.

one question why does it look like my t-5 are brighter than the halide i just got. specs are two 175 watts(edit not 250 i thought it was 250)10k brand new.

If 2 175w MH bulb aren't brighter than T5's, you may have gotten bad ballasts. The MH's should be considerably brighter.

If 2 175w MH bulb aren't brighter than T5's, you may have gotten bad ballasts. The MH's should be considerably brighter.

is there any way of testing to see if its because of the ballasts, but it is very bright its just not as bright in the water it looks more yellow but it might be because of the bulbs, its 10k but isn't 10k suppose to be a bit blue. i might order 14k and give it a shot but i want to make sure its not the ballast first.

I'm hoping more people respond to the Coral Beauty issue. I have had one in my QT tank for four weeks now, and am about to put him into general population.

its 10k but isn't 10k suppose to be a bit blue.
Depending on the brand of bulb, it can look very yellow. For the most part, all 10k bulbs are white to whitish-yellow.
If you want a great bulb, look into 175w Iwasaki 15k. I run 3 over my 125.

will the bulb that i am using is 10k ushio(something like that from germany) is the one from here(underwateroutlet) any good. and could i keep the higher light acros with this setup.

about the t5 being brighter i think i just expected something else from halide it is bright but just in some spot.

Back
Top Bottom