Green Pistol Shrimp? Alpheus euphrosyne

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kcdragonfish13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I have recently bought a green pistol shrimp and ywg to try to pair from reefstogo. The goby ended up being out of stock and the Green pistol is HUGE. im afraid he might go on a killing spree, he has already pinched my firefish ( the firefish is a rock, he will probably live) and he is kinda scary. He is in my 29 oceanic biocube. Has anyone had any experience with these shrimp and is there anything i should know? I cannot find anything on the internet about these things. Thanks for any responses! :)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a red japanese snapping shrimp and he scares fish away from his hole but he's relatively harmless and great at sand sifting! He does snap ALOT! At first it thought something was braking in my tank but it's just something they do naturally! I wouldn't be too concerned the are great additions to tank IME

I have a red japanese snapping shrimp and he scares fish away from his hole but he's relatively harmless and great at sand sifting! He does snap ALOT! At first it thought something was braking in my tank but it's just something they do naturally! I wouldn't be too concerned the are great additions to tank IME

Can he pair with a goby dp you know?

Mines paired with a blue Gideon goby. And he doesn't bother the fire fish that likes to make home there either :) pistol shrim will usually pair with almost all sand sifting gobies. But it's up to the shrimp to decide which one he would like. I have a dotty back and a barred goby also but my shrimp picked my Gideon :)

Mines paired with a blue Gideon goby. And he doesn't bother the fire fish that likes to make home there either :) pistol shrim will usually pair with almost all sand sifting gobies. But it's up to the shrimp to decide which one he would like. I have a dotty back and a barred goby also but my shrimp picked my Gideon :)

Do you think he will pair with a yellow watchman goby? I heard green pistols dony normally pair with gobys.

Back
Top Bottom