Green Star Polyps Feeding Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pudge

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have some marine snow and a syringe so where would i need to squirt the marine snow? would i need to do it over the whole rock or it has this yellow thing on the rock is that the core do i need to feed it. My salinity was reel high and killed my chromis, so am going to get my hydromitor calibrated at LFS. i got the fish and polyps at same time and they dont look so hot either. So when feeding what should i do?

I don't think they are going to grab it and pull it in as soon as the get it anyways, I guess you should just squirt it around them if you want to feed them.

as far as you salinity goes, just add fresh RO water when the water evaporates.

what kind of hydrometeor are you using?

It is a sea test specific gravity meter. It came with my aquarium it is a little older. I did a water change and added just fresh water with no salt.

How high was your salinity? Doing a water change with pure saltwater is a little harsh of an adjustment! Your polyps probably won't eat while they're struggling anyway. Best to wait for feeding until they look responsive. Then they'll be ready to "eat".

Green star polyps do not need to be directly fed to survive. Occasional feeding will be fine if thats what you want to do.
I have had mine about 9 months and they have more then doubled in size and I only feed the tank phytoplankton.
I would get your tank parameters in check before adding anything to the tank.

pudge said:
It is a sea test specific gravity meter. It came with my aquarium it is a little older.
I would recommend replacing it if it is old. Hydrometers are not very accurate to begin with and it just gets worse w/ time and use.

Back
Top Bottom