Green Star Polyps Spawning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m3drver

Aquarium Advice Activist
Toaday I walked past my tank and saw all these pink "things" floating in the water. At first I thought my daughter threw something in the tank, but then I saw the GSPs just covered with them. I then realized the GSP were spawning. Very cool indeed.

Here's a pic.
IMG_6246.jpg

Thats cool. It doesn't seem like they need to spawn. They spread so fast. Great pic.

Wow, that's cool. I didn't know that they spawned like that. I always thought that they just spread. Usually they grow quickly, but I have mine in the sand, trying to encourage them to spread up the back glass of the tank

That sure is a great photo!

But, uh-oh... you DO realize that means they've just "jumped ship" and aren't isolated anymore?! Reminds me of when I put some sansibia in my tank and kept it on it's own rock, isolated in a corner, so it wouldn't spread to the rest of the tank.

And then it spawned.

And now it's EVERYWHERE.

But, uh-oh... you DO realize that means they've just "jumped ship" and aren't isolated anymore?! Reminds me of when I put some sansibia in my tank and kept it on it's own rock, isolated in a corner, so it wouldn't spread to the rest of the tank.

And then it spawned.

And now it's EVERYWHERE.

That's how I feel about my pulsating xenia. I thought it was great when I saw them expand and start reaching out. I even cheered a but with the first one stuck itself to a nearby rock.....now I'm trying to figure out how to get most of it out!!

And then it spawned.

And now it's EVERYWHERE.

Yeah I know. I was happy for about the first few minutes.. then it hit me.
At least I know the tank's healthy...8-O

Back
Top Bottom