Hair algae battle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been doing some reading about this and in several places I've seen Lettuce Nudibranch (Sea Slugs) and Sea Urchin's as a good way to control hair algae. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Im not real fond of sea urchins, because mine eats coralline algae also. I however really recommend Lettuce Nudibranchs. (I think I recommended that in my first post on this thread :roll: ) Anyway, they will really do a number on hair algae, Ive seen it before. I would get 2 to 3 of them , acclimate them, put them in and let them go to work. They are usually in the price range of 6 to 9 dollars at my LFS.

I use a product called Chemi-Clean made by Boyd Enterprises, Inc. I had what I call a bad case of Red Slime algae (Red Cyano Bacteria). I have coral and fish and nothing was affected negatively. It took about 36 hours to clean it up and a 20% water change. I also continue the use of this product once a month.

Back
Top Bottom