Halloween

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GatorDrew

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 90 gallon tank with a couple of groupers and lion fish... all hardy fish.

My roomate and I want to get like a red film to put on the tank. Or something else. Is double stick tape safe to put on the tank glass or is that too much of a "chemical" to do that?

What kind of film do you want to use; like cellophane? I would be afraid of the chemicals it would take to get the dbl-sided tape off again if a razor couldn't do it. I've always used clear box tape to hold a background on.

I'm hoping you are refering to putting it on the outside of the tank? I wouldn't put anything like that or any sort of tape inside the tank. If you're putting it on the outside you should be fine. Just be careful when you remove the tape if you need to use any form of cleaner, put the cleaner on your rag, then wipe the tank. Don't spray your cleaner onto the tank as you don't want the mist to overspray over the top of the tank and into the water.

It would definitely be on the outside of the tank. We actually decided against it though. The only other question I have is a fog machine. It will be in a seperate room but the fog does travel. The fog mixture is simply water and glycol. Does anyone know if there are any problems with it getting near the wet/dry below the tank? I use Chemi-Pure as well.

Personally, I don't think there are any problems if I put a small fan beneath the tank so it circulates it out as soon as possible.

Any problems forseen?

Thanks for all your help!

I don't think there would be but I would avoid any direct exposure. I had a fog machine at my halloween party (against my wishes) and it didn't seem to affect the tank. But I had to fight with wandering fingers who kept trying to turn the fog up to full all the time! :evil:

Excellent. It will definitely be in another room. Thanks so much everyone! I truly appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom