Hammer coral not doing so well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flyerfridge

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased a hammer coral and since upgraded from a 36 gal to a 55 gallon tank. It was doing fine in the 36 but started dwindling after the switch. I upped the calcium and salinity levels to normal. And have tried him at the bottom of the tank and about half way up the tank. He's currently retracted all the way in. Any advice? I really don't want to lose him!

I'd see this as a change in lighting or flow. I had a hammer that just did ok for awhile until I accidentally broke a piece off and watched the chunk flourish where it landed. Glued it all together and put it in that spot.

Fortunately yes. In all three branches still. I pulled one of my power heads and moved it back down to where the water flow is less. Currently my lighting is two 36" actinc bulb and two 36" daylight bulbs. Not sure if its maybe getting too much light as well?

Was it acclimated to the new tank, assuming he new tank was cycled. That hammer is mad as a hornet and not a flow issue. Either stress from the move or parameter out of whack.

Yeah it was. I guess I'll just sit back and hope he calms down. Thanks forte advice guys!

Back
Top Bottom