Hard green and pink dusting on front of aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dankent

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tank has been up for almost 4 months now, the last few water changes I have noticed that the front glass of my tank is covered in a light dusting of green and in the center the patch is light pink. I try to use my magnet cleaner but it just runs over it and doesnt remove it all if any, Anyone know what this is and should i get rid of it with a scraper or scruber ? I have snails of various types and there going over the front but there not removing this stuff. I will try and post a picture of it, The funny thing is I cannot see this looking straight at the tank .. i can only see it if i look from the side to the front.

If its hard to remove, like paint, then it's Coraline, that grows on your Live rock, power heads and as you see now, your glass :) ... you can easily remove it carefully with a razor off the glass :)

BUT, the more you scrape it, the more "Spores" you realease into your water column and the more it grows back! I have a nice coraline bloom in my 29 gallon and it started with one little circle ... I scraped it off and within 4 weeks the whole back of my tank is nearly covered!

Back
Top Bottom