Help choosing LED lights??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There doesn't seem to be enough info on those LEDs and they do seen quite expensive! Check out the best bang for your buck thread on here in relation to led lighting, I believe the taotronics are the way to go, with a dimmer :)

Based on my recent research, those lights will do a great job of bring out colors in fish and coral, but there doesn't seem to be enough intensity to GROW corals with them.

The TaoTronics and similar seem to be the best bargain for "real" LED lights. :)
I couldn't find any "Brand Name" lights that seemed reputable for less than $500 per 2 feet of tank. (The advantage to those commercial units is that they generally include advanced controllers for timer/dimming/setting programs .... but I decided it wasn't worth the extra $ for me.... maybe as an upgrade in the future.)

If you can afford the higher end LED's do it. They have sweet features. If you spend say $200 on Tao's then later upgrade now you have spent $700. I would go with an AI Vega.

It says it has 24 LEDs on a strip with 6 watts consumption. Simple math tells you it has 1/4 watt per LED. It may be bright but not enough intensity for salt water tank. Also it is not economically reasonable. You need to assemble everything yourself after purchasing miscellaneous parts like switches, timers, mounting box and etc.

Back
Top Bottom