Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doxiedreg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey there! I used to have 2 fishtanks when I was 16 or so but eventually had to give them up because my bad mental health just didnt have the energy to properly mantain them.

Last year I finally got my own place and I was already planning to get a fishtank again but wanted to settle in and do research first. After seeing how ridiculously expensive fishtanks are when you buy them in the store, I searched my local online marketplace for second hand aquariums. I found a juwel rio 125 Led including the stand for a great price and eventhough the adventure of actually picking up a tank was quite a pain (I dont have a car so i had to rely on a friend of my dad who didnt communicate properly how late he would be picking us up so yeah that was stressful and also it was just me and my dad carrying everything to my apartment which was also fricking stressful), it was very fun and satisfying to buy all the supplies and set it up :) This was the aquarium just after first setting it up (I let it cycle empty for a month)
20221119_163512.jpg

and this is my tank right now! (Excuse the blurry pic, im horrible at taking photos) it really turned into a huge jungle :) Have some really persistent hair algea tho so I recently reduced the hours of light from 12 to 10 to see if that helps. I don't like reducing the light as i suffer from seasonal depression and the aquarium lights help a lot with that and also I just enjoy watching my fish. Anyway yeah :) Thats my tank
20230207_184401.jpg

Back
Top Bottom