HELP!!!!!! I Cant see Through my aqaurium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crshnbrn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I Have a 55 gallon Fish only salt tank. Its been running almosta year now with no problems . Last night I went to sleep and the water was crystal. I have a magnum 350 canister an aquaclear 500 on the back and to powerheads. I woke up thjis morning and i cant even see the fish in the tank. I have a yellow tank 2 percula clowns a Half black damsel a blue damsel a bar goby a coral catfish and a green chromis. They are all swimmimg around fine. And my one piece of rockwith green star polyps looks okay ie the polyps are opened and out. I had the walls primed yesterday could this have something to do with it. Should i mix up a huge batch and saltwalter and do a massive change? Ive gone through my cycles brown algae than green and now red/purple algae. My levels are ok ammonia salinity pf nitrite nitrate same as ever. PLease HELP

WATER CHANGE FAST!!!! I killed off half off my tank by using love my carpet deoderizer a few years back. Tank looked the same as yours. All my mushrooms melted and my sand bed life disapeared. I did 2 50% water changes in two days. Everything made a comeback in about six months but it did some damage noe the less. Open some windows if you can!

Darin

www.captivereefs.com

What does the cloudiness look like? Does it look like smoke in the water? It is most likely an opportunistic bacterial bloom feeding on excess nutrients in the water. I would do a water change with RO/DI water and ccut back feeding for a few days, if it is a bacterial bloom.

Back
Top Bottom