Help me, please..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deejay

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need to get my trigger and wrasse out of my tank!! They killed my halfblack angel and I have a feeling my one clarkii is next.. How can I catch them, they are so fast and they hide..

I would say use a net and catch them... If you must take the tank apart to do it then so be it.. when both are caught bag them up and take them to the LFS for store credit or something... FWIW i would HIGHLY suggest reading about compatibility between fish prior to buying fish as well as everything else you can read about them as well.... The clarkii will be eaten as did the Angel.. triggers are not reef safe and are pretty aggressive to say the least.. It you want to have an agressive tank then get rid on the Clarkii.. To be quite honest I think that the Wrasse might become trigger food as well..

HTH<
James

Small fish hook with the barb filed off works wonders.Inoor deep sea fishing!!

I never thought of that one.. lol that might be a bit of fun.. LOL i could see it now.. "Honey why are you fishing in the livingroom" LMAO Why do you have to give me those kind of Ideas Darin... LOL

James

captivereefs said:

ROTFLOL, :lol: :lol: :lol: You have got to be kidding, I pictured that in my head and couldn't help but laugh.

The wrasse is three times the size of the trigger and those guys fight all the time.. I let the petstore pick out the wrasse which I guess the dumbest mistake..

it is ok deejay....stuff happens to the best of us. Alot of wrasses are more than capable of holding their own in tough company. I do not know what type wrasse it is, but i have a lunare wrasse in an eel tank with 4 eels. He beats the heck out of them and steals food right from their mouths.

When we start out, most of us think our LFS are the place for knowledge. Dont beat yourself up over this.

When we start out, most of us think our LFS are the place for knowledge. Dont beat yourself up over this
Now ain't that the truth... They make some of us waste alot of money.. For sure don't beat yourself up.. I remember that I bought a Naso Tang and a Blue linka and was told that they would be fine.. to say the least they are both dead.. I never trust a fish store around here.. I was also told that it is bad to have anemones under halides LMAO.. One other store told me that a carpet anemone is a real easy thing to take care of.. and that I could get one for my 2 week old Cycled tank... I think that due to the LFS I have wasted quite a bit of money.. Heck there was another LFS that wanted 12.00lb for LR until the lady told the corp office that she refused to try and sell it anymore..

hth,
James

Back
Top Bottom