Hard to catch shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faysalals1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was just told that Red Cherry Shrimp can bread alot and really fast, so I decided to remove them, and keep my Amano as they wont bread.

But I have a big tank with plenty of hiding sports, its extremely hard to attempt to catch any of them!

Using traps will help get the ones that avoid capture by you but when you see an opportunity to collect, use 2 nets. 1 larger net and one smaller one. The larger one will be stationary and the catch net. The smaller one is used to guide the shrimp to the larger catch net. ( This method is also how you collect fish in a densely planted tank. ) Chasing fish or shrimp is a losing battle as the stress caused can actually do more harm than good. You just want to guide the animals into the larger catch net on their own. (y)

Using traps will help get the ones that avoid capture by you but when you see an opportunity to collect, use 2 nets. 1 larger net and one smaller one. The larger one will be stationary and the catch net. The smaller one is used to guide the shrimp to the larger catch net. ( This method is also how you collect fish in a densely planted tank. ) Chasing fish or shrimp is a losing battle as the stress caused can actually do more harm than good. You just want to guide the animals into the larger catch net on their own. (y)

Thank you ill try that! Yeah it was hard catching my other small fish too.

Back
Top Bottom