Help needed please for change FW to SW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
My 35G JEBO tank presently FW, just had a problem with FW Ich and I moved out the fish and want to start cycling the tank for SW.

With SW concentration there will be no way for the FW Ich to continue it's lifecycle, am I correct on this thought?

So I am trying to figure about the media in the AquaClear 110. It is stock with extra ceramic rings. Which I believe is a huge block sponge a smaller sponge and a bag of rings.

What should I do for that? Add anything, take out part, change to bulk filter pad?

Then should I just wipe down everything and put my coral rock in there and start the cycle with a raw shrimp or something?

Mostly I just want to get the cycle started on the rock.

So your converting over this tank? First drain it and I would clean it with a vinegar/water solution. Then it's just refilling with mixed sw adding rock and sand, and cycle it just like the 5. You've never used any copper medications in this tank right? As to the ich question, no it will not show up once you drain and refill with sw, they are different strains of the disease for fresh and salt.

So your converting over this tank? First drain it and I would clean it with a vinegar/water solution. Then it's just refilling with mixed sw adding rock and sand, and cycle it just like the 5. You've never used any copper medications in this tank right? As to the ich question, no it will not show up once you drain and refill with sw, they are different strains of the disease for fresh and salt.

Good, no never any meds, I am a shrimp keeper so would never do that. It was a SW before I got it at least a couple years ago, and I have kept shrimp inthere, Bamboo and Amanos for years. So I imagine it would have killed the FW shrimp.

What about the contents of the filter? What should I keep in there and not?

InTank media baskets make a lot of great mods for the ac110. As far as media goes I only run chemi pure elite and filter floss if needed (changed daily or every other)

InTank media baskets make a lot of great mods for the ac110. As far as media goes I only run chemi pure elite and filter floss if needed (changed daily or every other)

Thank you, I will check into it, right now still dealing with the emergency stuff with the other tank, just trying to save some extra work here to do something once or not do something, get it done in the right order, etc. to make things easier, I would say more "simple", but that's a joke!

Thank you again for helping me out, the sharing from knowledgeable people is invaluable.

Back
Top Bottom