Hermit crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wha type of hermit? Most will grow to about the size of your pinky nail to your thumb nail if their really big (blue,red,halloweens,scarlet reef,electric blues do alteast and these i just named are all reef safe :))

Yep depends on the particular crab. White legs seem to get the biggest among average hermits, I have several that are a few years old and they are almost the size of my finger. I also have a red leg that is about 4-5 inches!!! He is unusual though, most only get to about an inch.

Yep depends on the particular crab. White legs seem to get the biggest among average hermits, I have several that are a few years old and they are almost the size of my finger. I also have a red leg that is about 4-5 inches!!! He is unusual though, most only get to about an inch.

I'm amazed you've had them for so long!! I can't keep them longer than 3-4 months, but my peppermint shrimp, urchin, snails are fine!? Any ideas?

Do you have larger shells available for them to move into as they grow?

Yes I have never taken any of the shells from previous hermits out.. Could they be fighting each other or maybe something is killing them ?? Would a Pom Pom crab kill them??

Back
Top Bottom