High end zoanthid care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
Picked up a two head frag of Red Hornet Zoanthids, 5 head true matalic rainbow zoanthids, and a 10 head armor of god frag.

Wondering on care for these. The armor of god is open all the way. The rainbows are staying closed and the red hornets are open only a little.

My watermelons, eagle eyes, pink zippered, gobstoppers, and raidoactives all are open and happy.

Any advice on the hornets and rainbows would be great. (ie. placement, lighting, current, ect) considering the hornets go anywhere from 30-100 a head, I want to take care of them. I got a 2 head frag for 10 bucks from a friend.

Readingexcalibur said:
Picked up a two head frag of Red Hornet Zoanthids, 5 head true matalic rainbow zoanthids, and a 10 head armor of god frag.

Wondering on care for these. The armor of god is open all the way. The rainbows are staying closed and the red hornets are open only a little.

My watermelons, eagle eyes, pink zippered, gobstoppers, and raidoactives all are open and happy.

Any advice on the hornets and rainbows would be great. (ie. placement, lighting, current, ect) considering the hornets go anywhere from 30-100 a head, I want to take care of them. I got a 2 head frag for 10 bucks from a friend.

Here is a quick tip. The 30-100$ a polyp zoas are a sham, usually you see websites selling for these prices because of very limited stock. Often times you can find these frags from fellow reefers etc for much cheaper just FYI like you said you got them cheap so cool.

But they require no different care than all your other zoas. Chances are they have been fragged recently so being closed up mostly is not abnormal especially after acclimation.

Depending how they were fragged will usually determine how long before they heal and begin reproducing.

Cool, yeah, I agree, my local reef forum normally sells cheaper around 25 a head. It looks like the rainbows have been on the rock for a little while. The hornets are recently fragged (about 2 weeks I am told).

Well both the Hornets and rainbows opened up today. I will try to get pics later with the DSLR. Thanks for the advice, good call schism!!

Googled Red Hornets...not those....mine are just red. I thought RedHornets would be predominantly red.

Well this is the tank they came from, having trouble getting the pic in my tank without distortion. They are the ones on the top right.

Attachments

• image-1627425740.jpg
    image-1627425740.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 305
Back
Top Bottom