Hippo Tang & Cleaner Wrasse.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baldyguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just added a Cleaner Wrasse to my reef and my Yellow Tangs are all lined up for a good clean........great that's why I got him, however, my Hippo is constantly chasing the Wrasse is this just establishing who's the boss or a potential problem?

Just so you`ll know the cleaner wrasse wont last more than 3-4 months. I used to get them long ago but kept getting tired of the dying after a few months. Finally when I asked the LFS he said they dont last long in captivity. Liveaquaria wont even sell them because they die so fast. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

The Seattel aquarium had two in their display tank and one starved to death. They are very difficult to keep but not impossible. I've heard smaller cleaners are easier to accept non live food. Try Rod's. As far as the Hippo tang hopefully he'll lay off. I'm having a similar problem with my Long Nose Hawk attacking one of my new fish. Good Luck.

My Hippo seems to be calming down................... I have 2 neon gobies 1 seems to have set up a cleanup station that only my trigger has found out the other neon is sat around not doing much, hopefully it will follow on over that side of the tank. My wrasse I think is still settling in and once sorted will commence with his job..... as for two in one system i have been strongly advised NOT to have more than 1 as they will fight to the death. Maybe someone on this forum can offer more light on that argument.

I never had more than one at a time but I heard the same about multiples will fight. I just could not get them to live nor could anyone else that I knew.

Back
Top Bottom