Hitchiker slug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AwfulArabella

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone no if a Hitchiker slug will last he's a dot but I no they eat a lot of algae and most of them don't last, I no starving is probably the last thing that will kill him if he makes it by the things that see him as lunch ? But if he does will he get big like the ones in the shop?

Are you sure it's a slug and not a Stomatella snail. I only say this because it is so small.
Stomatella's have no shell and look very similar to a slug.

I have a blk one about the size of a silver dollar it's been in my tank for about a year any idea what it is called?

He's definitely a slug cause I have one of the flat snails too he looks like this

Attachments

• image-3035167828.jpg
    image-3035167828.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 93
Does it show white on its back in the middle, occasionally? If so it is called a Scutus. I had one for years, but after my upgrade 16 months ago, I haven't seen it. :-(

Nope he's always green I read about him he takes on the color of the algae he eats I really like the slugs there so adorable, why don't yu buy one ?

Sorry last post was directed to Hardridge.

As far as the green slug, I rarely ever see slugs or nudibranchs at any of my LFS. I would really like one of the wild colored nudis, but they are hard to keep for long. From what I gather they are very selective feeders and most of the time we don't even know what they eat.

Yeah the guy at the shop said they eat a LOAD of algae and would be expensive to keep but I really like them so I'm hopin this little guy stays alive and I can see how he comes on, I don't mind buyin the algae

Back
Top Bottom