How do I catch my Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divemasterjim

Aquarium Advice Freak
How do I catch my Yellowtail Damselfish (Chrysiptera parasema)
p704441wf.jpg

I have 2 of them and they are getting very aggressive towards the other fish.
My blue tang is afraid to come out of the corner of the tank, every time it does they attack it. They are so smart, as soon as they see the nets they hide under the rocks. I cant catch them. HELP!!!!!

Try putting some floating food at the top of the tank and wait for them to come up. Then try to scoop them up. If that doesnt work them make some clear fish catchers that might work but I've never tried any of them. I have had luck with the food method. HTH Good Luck!

I ended up having to remove most of my rock to catch an aggressive damsel. I was cursing myself for putting it in the tank. It wouldnt fall for any tricks. Good luck...

I looked at these three fish traps:
I ended up ordering the Fish Corral, mainly due to its size and shape, as I'm trying to catch young Corydoras. The AquaMedic Fish Trap looked really nice as well, but would be tricky to position in my tank, which has a LOT of rocks and plants. The X-Terminator looked nice as well, but I wasn't sure if it was gentle with the fish as it is aimed at trapping "pests".

If anyone is interested, I can report back how I like the Fish Corral once it arrives (probably later this week or early next week).

I made a trap out of a 64oz plastic apple juice bottle. Caught him in under 15 minutes. Now to get the other one.

Edit:
Caught the second one about 20 minutes later

Back
Top Bottom