How do you target feed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edmonton Eskimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just bought some invertebrate target food and am wondering how to properly feed it to them. How do you guys do it?

turkey baster...
Clam and corals get the baster 2-3 times a week...

Theres also 2 squirts of invert food in my blender mush...

Is a syringe sufficient? It is mostly my corals that I am feeding as my anemone does well on his own(with his clown friend to help)

I have a frogspawn,devils hand,gsp,glove polyps,button polyps,xenia and some shrooms all of which are fairly small.

a syringe with the needle removed would be fine for stuff like zooplankton and pytoplankton. I use a clean pipette, because I had a supply new ones from my fertilizer order (I keep planted FW tanks too)

for the polyps and soft corals you really don't need to feed via target feeding, you can just pour in the phytoplankton, so long you shut off the skimmer for about an hour. Target feeding your LPS isn't a bad idea though...

If you have kids, a lot of prescription medicine comes with little droppers. That is what I use. It is a bit smaller than a turkey baster.

Back
Top Bottom