how long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cantra

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How long should it take for a tank to cycle? We are taking the tank down at school in a month and I'm hoping to have my tank at home cycled (or at least to have gotten it; if only my father would stop being a pain in the butt about it) by that time if possible. Whats the easyist and quickest way to cycle a tank? I don't want to have to bring the fish home in the middle of the tank cycling and them end up dieing.
I hoping to get the tank within this week if as i mentioned above my father will stop being a pain in the butt about it. Its my money buying the tank and the stand but the thing is for some reason he put it in his own bank account and hasn't given it to me yet and seems to think that for some reason he doesn't have to get it out and take me to get the tank till he has a weekend where he has nothing to do and that won't be for another 3 weeks so I'de only have about 2 weeks to get it set up and cycled but I'm really hoping he will either take me during the week or he will let my boyfriend and his mom take me to get the tank.

sorry for the rant and rambling

Good article. I wonder why it says the shrim MUST be raw and not cooked? Anybody know why? For the original poster, I think it is safe to say an "average" cycle time is 4-6 weeks. Can be shorter or longer, you never know, just keep testing.

Back
Top Bottom