How long should a pump last...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance_Celli

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a mag drive 700 pump for my 55 gallon aquarium that is hooked up to a SCWD. When I first installed the setup, there was noticable water flow over the corals. I could see them wave back and forth when the SCWD switched outputs. Now however water volume has decreased quite a bit that everything in my tank looks pretty stationary. So the Q is: How long should a mag700 pump last? How often do people use theirs before they start to lose their efficiency?

I'm fairly certain it's not a snail or shell blockage. There's really no way for a critter to get into that part of the plumbing. I suppose it could be an algae buildup but most of the tubing is black so nothing should be able to grow inside of it.

Your SCWD probably needs to be cleaned and I’d check if your Mag still produces good output if removed from the SCWD. Mags need to be cleaned periodically also.

tecwzrd said:
Your SCWD probably needs to be cleaned and I’d check if your Mag still produces good output if removed from the SCWD. Mags need to be cleaned periodically also.

yep

how long have they been running,and when was the last time you cleaned them?

Back
Top Bottom