How long will Live Rock "Live" in transport?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

I ordered 50lbs of caribbean Live rock from International Marine Fish, they were suppose to ship it out Tuesday or Wednesday, they said it would take 1-3 days to reach me. Well they delayed and didn't ship it out untill thursday, and Fedex home delivery only delivers tues-sat, so my LR wont get here untill Tuesday the 28th...

How long will LR live in transport? Will I be recieving dead rock?

Thanks,

-TheChad

You will have die-off no matter how quickly it gets to you, but obviously more the longer it takes. You will probably want to re-cure it for safety purposes.

they did the same to me. let us know how the rock looks, mine wasnt very good at all.

Scrub off as much of the die off as you can before you put it in your tank. You should be OK.

I believe I would be exchanging words with International Marine Fish....no livestock company should ship that late in the week unless it is overnight delivery.

I agree with Hara. I would call them about their late shipment.

You will have more than the normal die off but Life is amazingly resilient. It will take weeks/months but you will continue to find new life appearing on the rock over time.

I have what was once pure white base coral caribbean reef rock that can't be differentiated from the LR I bought. Well, if I pull a piece from the sand that piece is still as white as the day I got it, but anything above the sand line looks similar now.

Back
Top Bottom