Cost of Living Fish Rescue Servise UK Only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wasmewasntit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
As we are all very much aware, living costs are getting a bit heavy for some people. One of my livestock suppliers emailed me today with this updated information for those who might be struggling financially with their aquatic livestock

I have used Sims as my supplier for many years without any issues and they have had a rescue service for fish that are unwanted, grown too big for an aquarium or become aggressive etc. They now offer help to those who simply can no longer afford to keep fish in the current situation

RESCUE CENTRE UPDATE - SIMS TROPICAL FISH
WE CAN NOW ARRANGE COLLECTION FOR YOUR RESCUE FISH
UK MAINLAND ONLY
With energy costs spiraling, the number of requests we are receiving daily to take in fish at the rescue centre is spiraling also, therefore we have put together this process to help all of the UK. Do you have any livestock that you would like to re home at our rescue centre? Our location in Sussex is out of reach for most of the UK by road therefore you can now deliver any unwanted livestock directly to us with the use of our courier DX. We will help you and manage the entire process. Simply purchase the size and quantity of our new shipping kits you require and we will send these to you for delivery the next day. You can then advise us of your preferred collection date and DX will pick up the box with your livestock from your home address and deliver them to the rescue centre. Within the box that we send you will be fish bags, elastic bands, foil blanket, live fish labels and heat packs, everything you will need to pack your fish safely for their journey to the rescue centre. The price for one shipping kit includes the delivery of the shipping kit to you, the collection from your home address by the courier on your specified day and the delivery to us. The collection of livestock can be made from you on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday every week and the courier will attend with the printed label to attach to your box so no IT or printing skills are required. All livestock taken into the rescue centre will be given a home for life with round the clock expert care.

Please call or email us should you have any questions or concerns regarding this process.

Shipping kits :

https://simstropicalfish.co.uk/fish...ords=shipping kit&sortOption=descend_by_match

Useful to know.

I was in my LFS about 6 months ago and a guy was selling all his livestock back to the store for this reason. In addition to a temperate water section, the store now has clearly labelled fish in the tropical section that would work without heating, so that will be a response to customers specifically wanting to reduce their energy consumption.

We had a concerned member a few months back too who was swapping all his tropical fish for temperate.

Sims have operated a rescue service for many years. I think it is both sad that they actually need to operate this service but also useful to know that help is out there with places like Sims who are willing to step in and help people out like this...not just due to CoL but for all fish that might end up flushed or euthanised due to being unwanted, aggressive, too big etc

To offer an "at cost" box supply with courier included, will be a great help to those who are struggling with their fish for any reason

Back
Top Bottom