how to introduce fish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

portion

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a yellow tank, maroon clown, 5 chromis and a watchman
anyway
today i bought a blue tang and well from readin info they said tangs a agressive to other tangs
what to do
i placed the blue tang in
and the yello attacks it
now that very visous though
jes lettin him know that he was there first kina thing?
what should i do?
would they calm down eventually?

portion said:
i have a yellow tank?

Perhaps a yellow tang? :wink:

I don't think that blue tangs are agressive to other tangs of a different species. Check reports of them on websites like liveaquaria.com. I have heard them coexisting in tanks together.

yea the yellow tank was the one in b4 too
and i now introduce the blue tang
i think they calm down a bit now

Yellow tangs tend to be very territorial. Generally, it is best to make them the last edition to a tank, after everything is established. You may want to try moving around any LR and decorations you have. This will force the Yellow tang to find a new territory instead of protecting his current one. On a side note, blue tangs are notorious for ick. Did you QT it for a couple of weeks before you placed it in your main tank? Hope this helps.

your tank (65 gallon i assume from your profile) isnt big enough IMO to house those Tangs, especially the Blue. FWIW, the Regal (blue tang) should get along with the Yellow, the Regal will usually have more issues with Tangs of a similar body shape

I just added 2 banner butterfly and my angel and yellow Tang chased them for a while, it calmed down after a few days. I would give it some time.
It was pretty funny actually. The Heni's were way too fast for them, they weren't even stressed by it and I don't think ever touched.. My angel and tang would be huffin and puffin after a while and the Heni's would just be going "na...na..nana..na. :lol:

That is too funny, Quarryshark! My Yellow Tang tries to boss my Niger Trigger around, and the Trigger looks at hims like, "You wanna piece of me?" He backs down of course, but he loves to stand his ground.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom