How to remove a six line wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Winter-huntsman

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have to remove my six line. I love him but he is terrorizing my coris wrasse to never come out of the sand. Anyone have a trick to try and get one of these fish out. I need a easy method, because I'm at school and my mom is going to attempt to remove him.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I can say catching a wrasse is not fun especially if the tank is full of rocks and stuff.
I can't imagine a corris wrasse being afraid of a 6 line wrasse as the corris family is a more aggressive wrasse , I would leave them be they'll learn to co exist together ,
I feel sorry for your mom as she will go nuts trying to catch him lol

Yah she already has. My coris actually came out for a couple mins before going back under. I'll try to leave them be.
Would a small coral beauty you think help keep aggression down? I know angle fish run the tank.

I got the six line out, but I ended up doing all new rock formation, so it now comes down to fish to be paired with my line yellow coris.

Yes it is and I had to remove the rock to get him out so all new rock lay out.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1481670072.286635.jpg I know about water quality about a quarter of the water was removed to keep the rocks wet so it's got a bunch of new water.

best order of adding fish always add the more aggressive ones last. I still can't get over a corris wrasse wimping out to a six line . my red corris wrasse would have set him straight .
if your tank was bigger you would still be chasing him . as for coral beauty I wouldn't add to a tank smaller than a 40.

I was sort of joking about the coral beauty. I just need to find some lazy pretty fish to compliment my corals.

So my coris wrasse went into hiding, I'm going to take a guess and say it's normal since all the rock has changed. I'm just worried since it has been almost 5 days since I have seen him eat.

Back
Top Bottom