I bleached my rock is that ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I had some rock that I took out of my nano and put it in a bucket then kinda forgot about it for a few weeks...opened the bucket and good god it was nasty so I let the rock dry in the sun for a week the. Put it in a vat with water and bleach. And then ran clean water in and pumped it out for 24hrs to rinse it. Did I make it so it will leech bleach into my tank? Is it safe to use?

I think if you let it dry out completely one more time that will evaporate any chlorine left in it. Give it another week in the sun.

I think if you let it dry out completely one more time that will evaporate any chlorine left in it. Give it another week in the sun.

well thats the problem is its already in the tank so now i dont know if its even worth doing. I never let it dry i just rinsed it for like hours straight

Add some water conditioner to the tank, it turns chlorine into something safe for fish so if there is any left water conditioner should take care of it.

I think that corals would be the first to tell you if there is any trouble. Is this a reef tank or fowlr?

CleverBs said:
Iv set it up to be a holding tank for y fish and coral while I have my main tank go through hypo salinity.

Skimmer should take care of it

Back
Top Bottom