I have found the secret to catching Mantis Shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thor32766

Aquarium Advice Regular
To make a long story short. I have caught three out of my tank with this method. I put a piece of raw shrimp on the feeding wand i use for my lion and harlequin, the clear one, when i put it into the tank i let the mantis come and they actually attack the raw meat. Then i would just pull them up with them on it and scoop them up with the net. Easy right. Like I said I caught three of them out of my tank. I have huge one about 5 inches , a 2-3 inch and a tiny one about an inch. So it worked on all on them from large to small hope this helps. Worked in a matter of minutes! let me know ifyou have any questions. HTH!

put a piece of shrimp in there on a wand, they will come out. Just a little patience. The smell will bring him out, but then again maybe not as potent in a 525 gallon. But if you have an idea of the general area, that would help

I got mine out in a similar way. Once you begin to feed them, they get less timid and start coming out for the food. In my case, I caught him when he moved into a smaller rock following a feeding session.

brendon, that black fin tuna that you are putting in there will draw them out :)

Back
Top Bottom