Ibrahim's 25g Mixed Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol I'm already 200 or so deep into the tank and I haven't even finished paying for lighting.

Ibrahim said:
lol I'm already 200 or so deep into the tank and I haven't even finished paying for lighting.

I stopped keeping track of how much I've spent a looong time ago lol. If you're not willing to spend money, saltwater tank's probably not a good idea lol.

I stopped keeping track of how much I've spent a looong time ago lol. If you're not willing to spend money, saltwater tank's probably not a good idea lol.

lol I spent well over 5g on the hobby. I'm the kind of person who will spend the money but will complain about it later even though it was well worth it.

Bad news. Feather duster came out of his shell and s now on my sandbed. I'm guessing it's the end of him. But on the plus side I caught a picture of the Emerald Crab (turned out he was hiding in between the anemone and the rock) and caught a picture of the peppermint shrimp which I will soon upload. Going livestock shopping tomorrow and hoping on getting a crab or another shrimp and maybe a coral.

Leave the duster in there if its still moving. He might just move to another spot. Though mine just disappeared one day and that was it.

Well I bought a Red Sally Lightfoot crab from the LFS today. I was soo close to buying a Snowflake and a Black Occelaris clown Mated pair to make Black Ice hybrids but didn't because I need the money for my future 220 shark tank. They were only 110 for the clown pair though :banghead: Should I go for it and buy them?

Great price on the clowns! I'd do what your heart says, LOL, do you really really want them or is the new tank more important?

carey said:
Great price on the clowns! I'd do what your heart says, LOL, do you really really want them or is the new tank more important?

IDK?!?! I really want the clowns but I know they'll have them again in a few months. They had 2 pairs and 6 Black Ice clowns for 135 each.

I think I'll wait until I get them a 37g breeding tank they have in a few months. It has a chamber for the new babies, refugium, and eggs as well as a place to hatch artemia. It's a bit pricy at 449 but hopefully I'll make it back with the babies I can sell.

Thanks! My 75g Reef is selling soon for 800 so hopefully I'll be able to snag some corals from saltycritters.com shipping is 40 but each frag is 5. Might get 10-15 frags.

When looking at saltycritter I couldnt find the frags can u post a link?

So I've decided I'm going to set up a pico. I've got 7 pounds of base rock from BRS I had from my old 10 gallon that i took down because of algae issues and such and 1-2 pounds of cured live rock from my reef tank. I've got my formation/ rockscape for the tank ready. I also bought an aqueon 10-20 filter as well as 5 pounds of sand, Bio-Spira, and 2 pounds of live sand from my 2 year old FOWLR. The tank I bought is similar to the TOM's Deco 3 gallon but mines is just slightly longer and wider. The tank should arrive tomorrow according to Fedex. It comes with an 18w Compact florescent 50/50 actinics. Im planning on buying a power head and a background this week. I'm going with the fish less cycle which Im hoping shoudn't be too long because of Biospira (Had success with it before so trying it again), cured rock, seeded filter cartridge, and live sand. I can't decide between a black or dark blue background. My stock im planning for this tank is
-5 nassarius snails
-2 large nerites
-1 coral banded shrimp or Cleaner shrimp
-1-3 sexy shrimp
-5 blue legged hermit crabs
-5 red legged hermit crabs
- Emerald or Sally light foot crab
-and a clown goby.
I haven't decided on coral but i know I won't have SPS and if I do it'll probably be only one acro or monticap which should work under my lighting if on the top. Pics uploading now so......

sounds like an awesome tank.

Back
Top Bottom